For the past Forty Years (40) I have been involved in various County, State and Federal law enforcement and investigative pursuits. I have managed and been the supervisor of and the overview of Undercover operations at the Federal level that involved major fuels tax. As an Investigator with the State of Texas Comptroller’s Office, I managed the Houston Division of the Criminal Investigative Division (CID). This involved all Tax Issues including Cigarette tax and Import and Export Tax. While on investigative status with Harris County, I have been involved with major investigations that involve White Collar Fraud, Workers Comp Fraud. I was assigned full time to the Houston Division of the FBI and US Marshal Service and carried a Special Deputation with both Divisions. I travel extensively in Central and South America and have extensive contacts in Central American law enforcement circles. I have conducted investigations in almost every country in Europe in both the West and the Eastern parts.
I have owned and operated Moritz & Associates, Inc. as a Domestic and International Investigative Agency and have completed over 500 cases with my staff on an annual basis. We do litigation support, financial asset locates, In depth background on company’s and individuals. We also are heavily involved in both domestic and international surveillance operations both in corporate and individual cases.
I formerly was a Reserve Major in the Harris County Sheriff’s Office in charge of the Academy, Recruiting, Personnel, Homeless Outreach Team (HOT) and the Crisis Intervention Response Team (CIRT). I have been an active Reserve since retiring from active service. I further was working the Port of Houston and the Houston Ship Channel under the auspices of Homeland Security in the Marine Division. This included boarding and inspection of vessels including Tug Boats and Barges. I have over 200 hours on and operating Patrol Craft that range in size from 18” to 32”.
January 2017, Became Chief Deputy of the Waller County Sheriff’s Office. I was in charge of all operations relevant to the Sheriff’s Office Reserve Command. In May of 2018 I received my retirement commission from Waller County Sheriff’s Office
June 2018 I was commissioned as a Captain in the Office of Constable Alan Rosen’s Pct 1 Office. I was asked to establish a similar HOT Team to help in securing the Harris County Building’s in downtown Houston. In addition I was charged with setting up the CAT Team or Community Action Team which would work in various divisions including Human Trafficking.
1977 – 1988 Harris County Constable and Commissioners Offices Houston, Texas
Deputy, Investigator and Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff to County Commissioner
- All positions were law enforcement positions with the final year being the Acting Commissioner of Pct. 3, Harris County, Texas
- In the capacity of being the Executive Assistant I had to review and sign off on all development plans and plats that were submitted to the County Commissioners Office for approval. I have reviewed all of the development plans for all of the infrastructure, roads, bridges, underground utilities that were approved for construction during the years 1979 – 1988.
- I further was in charge of the Harris County Pct. 3 Parks golf courses to include review of courses, plans, taking of bids, construction and the approval process of the Operators and Developers and the awarding of the final lowest and / or best bidder.
1988 – 1991 State of Texas Comptrollers Office, Special Deputation FBI and US Marshal’s Service, Houston Division.
Tax Fraud Investigator, Criminal Investigator CID Division, Carried and worked full time with a Special FBI and US Marshals Commission.
Was the ranking field Investigator and Supervisor for all investigations and undercover activities for this unit. This included all Tax matters for Criminal Investigation in the United States and Foreign countries.
1992 – Present Private Investigator
Have owned and operated Moritz Associates in Houston, Texas since its inception. Owner and licensed manager. Supervisor of Investigations, Security Consultant. We operate in 42 states with several National Clients doing pre-employment backgrounds, Undercover investigations, Fraud, Embezzlement, Accident investigations defense for Ford Motor Company through its law firm, Baker Botts, Houston, Texas. We have conducted extensive investigations in 26 foreign countries and have extensive contacts in Costa Rica and Panama. We have conducted many asset and bank locates in foreign countries and have Ex DEA, CIA and EX Police officers and Investigators on staff.
1967 – 1968 Tarleton State University Stephenville, Texas
1972 – 1973 University of Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas
1977 Harris County Law Enforcement Academy
TCLOSE Licensed State Peace Officer License –
Currently holding Advanced Peace Officers Certificate
1989 Internal Revenue Service School
Graduate IRS Financial Fraud Investigators School, Austin, TX
- National Association of Legal Investigators (NALI)
- Texas Association of Licensed Investigators (TALI)
- National Association of Investigative Specialists (NAIS)
- World Association of Detectives (WAD)
- International Process Servers Association (IPSA).
- Life Member of 100 Club Houston
- 100 Club Central Texas
- Houston Police Foundation
- Texas Ranger Association Foundation
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Houston Farm and Ranch Club.
- Was an adviser to my father who founded the 100 Club Austin which became 100 Club Central Texas. I assisted him in the formation and the initial years of operation.